Stuck on apple loading logo + Can't be identified by iTunes.

Reaction score
Hi all,
I bought my iPhone 3G second-hand and the owner did not delete his stuff of his iPhone so i decided to reset it to its Factory state (on the iphone itself NOT on iTunes)

It said it will take around 2 hours so i let it do its thing... then i noticed that the apple logo with the loading was on a loop and after 4 hours i knew there was something not right.

I've read many threads from many forums; i tried the turning my iPhone on and off, putting it to recovery mode and reinstalling iTunes.

I have, however managed to get it at the stage where it shows the USB plug and iTunes - but iTunes does not identify the phone.

Any suggestions?
Much appreciated,
Luneth

OP
L
Reaction score
oh, and it was working PERFECTLY before i tried reseting it... i should've manually deleted the stuff off there :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Try putting the phone into DFU mode, Instead of recover mode. Then restore back to factory settings.

OP
L
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
I have tried that already but my iTunes doesn't recognise the iphone...

BUT.... I just tried it on my friends laptop and it worked, when i clicked restore it started downloading the new software update, is that right?
I had to leave before it had installed but i may have got it solved....

Now its just the case, why my iTunes doesn't recognise the iphone??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Thanks for the reply.
I have tried that already but my iTunes doesn't recognise the iphone...

BUT.... I just tried it on my friends laptop and it worked, when i clicked restore it started downloading the new software update, is that right?
I had to leave before it had installed but i may have got it solved....

Now its just the case, why my iTunes doesn't recognise the iphone??

It sounds like the problem is with your computer and not the phone.
You can try and reinstall iTunes also have you tested the USB ports to see if other devices are recognized?

OP
L
Reaction score
It sounds like the problem is with your computer and not the phone.
You can try and reinstall iTunes also have you tested the USB ports to see if other devices are recognized?

Yeah i tried reinstalling iTunes and trying different USB ports.
I think it could be that i upgraded to Snow Leopard... I read on some forums that people have had trouble with their itunes picking up their iphone.

Is it possible that i could just reinstall Snow Leopard without erasing any data?

Thanks
P.S i have an old 3rd gen iPod and itunes seems to be picking that up..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.