Problem setting up email alarm in iCal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.26Ghz 8GB RAM
Whenever I try to set email alarm in iCal, for a particular appointment, it comes up with the message:

"You must add your own card and email address in Address Book to be able to use email alarms"

I've done that with my Gmail account but the message keeps coming up. Can someone tell me how to set my email address in iCal?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.8ghz core duo, 4 GB 1067 MHZ ddr3, 320 GB 7200 RPM
Email card in Adress

You must add your contact information to your address book application. This should then give you the option to choose your contact information as the email destination. goto applications, open Address Book, File, New Card, insert your information and tada your contact information is now on a card in address book. Hope this helps.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.26Ghz 8GB RAM
You obviously misunderstand me. I have added my contact information to the Address Book. That's why I don't understand why it is not working and why the message keeps popping up when I try and select an email alarm.

Reaction score
iCal alarm via Email

Mikethebook,
have you been able to solve the problem you described in your post of May 29, 2009 (Whenever I try to set email alarm in iCal, for a particular appointment, it comes up with the message: "You must add your own card and email address in Address Book to be able to use email alarms". I've done that with my Gmail account but the message keeps coming up. Can someone tell me how to set my email address in iCal?) ?
I have the same problem, but there was no answer to your post that solved the problem.
Thanks for advice !
Severin

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.26Ghz 8GB RAM
Sorry, I eventually gave up when I couldn't find any answers.

Mike

Reaction score
Email alarm in iCal

I found out where the problem was:
Your email address in Address Book must be defined as "My Card".
To do this, click on the card with your address then click in the Address Book Menu CARD / Make this my card.
If you then set an Email alarm in iCal your Email address will automatically come up.
Sorry to have bothered everybody with my initial enquiry.
Severin

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.26Ghz 8GB RAM
Sounds good. Out of curiosity how did you find that out?

Mike

Reaction score
I found this hint out of sheer luck on the Internet after clicking a number of links. Jonathantrainor in his answer to you forgot to add "Then click CARD / MAKE THIS MY CARD".
Regards Severin

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.