Safari wont access a site

Reaction score
Hello I have recently installed safari 4.0.5 and am having a problem accessing a particular site. Im running 10.5.8 on a 2.4 intel duo.
when I try to connect I get an immediate message" Safari can’t find the server." all other sites work fine and pop up instantly. I decided to try a proxy and got on to the site immediately without any problems.
Is the site being blocked by ISP or could it be a software glitch or router etc.?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
It isn't safari's fault, its just the website you were accessing. It doubt it was your internet either. Just to confirm, try to access the site via firefox or some other browser of preference.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
anytime :) and welcome to the forums.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.8ghz core duo, 4 GB 1067 MHZ ddr3, 320 GB 7200 RPM
Similar answer

I have found of late that many problems with small websites stem with their ability to run on certain browsers. Then again its not worth downloading IE8 in order to check it out. But that may still be the problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.