stuck mouse

Reaction score
I've been using a MS (basic optical v2.0) with my mini (Snow Leopard) from day 1, never had problems...

Recently I noticed that the mouse cursor stay stuck at the top left hand corner after a restart or startup...The only way to correct this is to unplug and plug in again.

The only changes recently was the latest SL update...can this be why?

Any advice?

Thx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Either that or you have a defective mouse. Do you have an opportunity to try it out on other computers, be them Mac or PC. Just to see if it's your computer or the mouse itself that is playing up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
To me, its sounds like the system isn't registering the mouse at startup. The mouse seems alright if you can plug it in after startup and use it. I've heard of rumours of different mice acting strange when booting in 64 bit snow leopard...

OP
C
Reaction score
Well, mouse worked fine on SL...I only noticed this problem lately...did the latest OSx update about a week ago.

The mouse works fine on all the other machines (linux, windows) I've tested it on...it's just with my specific mini at startup.

If it's indeed the update, how the heck do I fix it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Sometimes a second download in a row fixes issues for some reason!

OP
C
Reaction score
I think the good old format/re install snow leopard will be on the cards VERY soon...I've also noticed some of the issues I had a short while back regarding performance, is back (this after I installed some extra RAM).

I think it's best to start from scratch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
Go for it! Re-installing usually fixes most minor bugs/glitches.

OP
C
Reaction score
Now to start thinking about not loosing my itunes in terms of all the renamed and organized music/movies/tv shows/ebooks etc.

ok, i'll coming looking for all of that next week...I have to go and get a new SL disk at the store first.

thx

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.