Pls Help, very frustrated

Reaction score
Hey there,

I have a 20inch imac 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4GB SDRAM

My problem is this that basically anything to do with Flash is now not working after i updated to Snow Leopard,and my browsers are crashing (firefox,chrome,safari,etc)

I have, uninstalled flash using the adobe uninstaller and then reinstalled flash (several versions) alot of things i found on the web talked about version 9 r47 but i couldnt get that to work either.

I have now completely uninstalled Snow leopard deleting the HD and reinstalled Leapord version 10.5.8, updated all software updates and started fresh, this still has not worked :(

Any help would be appreciated
Cheers
simtur

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Wiping Snow Leopard off your drive and reinstalling Leopard was a pretty radical step, but since you continue to have issues, the problem is either the version of Flash you are using, or a hardware problem that coincidentally arose its ugly head at the same time you updated to Snow Leopard. Did you do anything like replace your RAM when upgrading to SL?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Adding to the above post by lifeisabeach, you may want to look at this, even though having reinstalled 10.5.8 this should not be the problem.
PS Adobe really has to get their act together one of these days.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PS Adobe really has to get their act together one of these days.

Adobe's staff "evangelist" is all bent over Apple banning Flash on the iPhone and told Apple to go screw themselves. I'm thinking they aren't getting it together. LOL!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
LOL.... Hmmm, I think you may be right then :)
I wonder if Apple has something in the pipeline :eek:

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies people,

I have read tried all the troubleshooting tips and still i can not get it to work.

I have come to the conclusion that Apple/Adobe really dont care about their users at the moment, as my machine is basically useless because of the issues i am having!

My browsers shut down constantly because nearly every page displays "flash" and turning the flash player plugin off ruins surfing the web.

Is it possible to downgrade my system more to osx 10.1 or 10.3 for example and then install flash 9 for unsupported operating systems??

cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I would actually zero out the HD using the first option (zero out deleted files), and then install either Leopard and go straight to Mac OS X 10.5.8 Combo Update or Snow Leopard and go straight to Mac OS X v10.6.3 Update (Combo) without installing anything else.
Then, test the system.
If all is well, then reinstall your 3rd party apps fresh from the install discs, or direct from the vendors.
Test again to see that everything is fine.
Next, I would manually drag over from my external drive my docs, movies, music and pics, and nothing else.
There is no reason that everything shouldn't be running fine at this stage.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thnks for all your help guys, but all of the above has still not fixed the problem
:[

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You say all of the above hasn't work.
Please outline all the steps you have tried.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Yeah, be descriptive, in your title next time too. It's a big help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Do you have any other internet plug-ins installed? Look in /Library/Internet Plug-Ins and list what you have. Ditto for ~/Library/Internet Plug-ins. Better yet… back them all up, then delete them all. Then reinstall Flash and try again.

OP
S
Reaction score
Firstly i uninstalled flash using the unistaller from the macromedia website and the reinstalled flash.

I have updated all software, uninstalled/reinstalled browsers, run disk repair/permission.

Installed flash 9

I then decided to start from scratch and installed a fresh copy of leapord, zeroed out all empty space, updated again and now updated to snow leapord 10.6.3

OP
S
Reaction score
The following plugins are installed

Default Plugin 2.0
Flip4Mac 2.3.2.6
iphotophotocast 7.0
jave embedding plugin 0.9.7.2 MRj plugin version 1.0-jep-0.7.2
Quicktime plugin 7.6.6
Shockwave Flash 10.0.45.2 r45
Silverlight plugin 3.0.50106.0

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.