My 27" imac just crashed..

Reaction score
I don't know why, i thought these things didn't crash, anyway i was just listening to music and i got this spinning beachball. I could still use programmes, but i couldnt restart or anything, i believe it was the finder that crashed. So because i didn't restart i had to power down manually using the power button at the back by holding it, im just a bit worried that maybe this did/could do some harm to my machine?

Thanks guys for your help.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
How old is the iMac? How long has it done this or is this a one off? Do you leave the iMac on all the time or let it sleep when you're not using it?

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
Just for future reference, you usually don't have to manually shut the computer down if something freezes. Pressing option/command/escape will bring up a force quit window. Any application that is frozen will have red letters next to it that say 'application not responding'. Select this app and hit force quit. You will lose anything that was unsaved, but you do a favour to your system. And if finder is having problems, you can still chose to relaunch it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic
Just for future reference, you usually don't have to manually shut the computer down if something freezes. Pressing option/command/escape will bring up a force quit window. Any application that is frozen will have red letters next to it that say 'application not responding'. Select this app and hit force quit. You will lose anything that was unsaved, but you do a favour to your system. And if finder is having problems, you can still chose to relaunch it.

I agree with you on this one black mac

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.