Thinking of buying an ipad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
not in Australia yet

Sounds so cool. Been doing research on Google and reading posts here. Unfortunately, it is still not available in Australia. :(

Apple, please please pretty please, make it available here soon :)

Reaction score
Anyway, any creative uses you've made with the ipad so far would help in justifying a purchase. I know that sounds funny - buying something I don't really need, but I'm open to it anyway.

The other night I was trying to "debug" the faucet in our downstairs bathroom (no hot water). I pulled up repair instructions on the iPad and laid it on the vanity while I worked.

I can see myself building up a library of repair manuals this way. It was really handy.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I am thinking the same thing. I have a bunch of manuals for myself and my parents. They currently reside on my MB Pro but I am planning to transfer them to the iPad. They don't have net access at their place so the 3G ability of the iPad is nice though I am stuck at edge speed.

Reaction score
Mine doesn't replace my desktop or laptop for creative work, but I do take it with me just about everywhere. It lets me check stuff on the internet as well as email wherever I am. Ok, those are the obvious things, but it's a heck of a lot easier to carry an iPad than a laptop, and my eyes aren't good enough to make much use from an iPhone or Blackberry sized screen.

If I'm off on a trip, I don't take my laptop anymore. My iPad does everything I need for a couple of days. Plus, it's a great entertainment distraction when I'm waiting in lines or sitting in an airplane.

I've gotten where I watch more stuff on it than I do on TV now. Maybe I don't need that 60" HD TV after all.

Reaction score
I am a sucker for gadgets. I have an iPhone, an iTouch, about 8 other iPods, an iMac, 6 other computers, about 6 netbooks, 6 Palm devices, 9 or 10 other mobile phones, 3 ebook readers, etc.

:)

You got me counting. At home I have 3 desktop computers, two laptops, two iPads, and two Kindles. And that's not counting the dead hulks of computers in the basement.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.