What updates do I need to Install for Windows 7?

Reaction score
I just installed Windows 7 Home Premium and the Boot Camp 3.1 Update on my MacBook Pro. What other updates do I need to install? Are there things that I can uninstall?

The battery seems to be draining a lot quicker than when I'm on OSX, is there anyway to fix this?

There's also some weird noise coming from my MacBook Pro when I'm on Windows. I can't really explain it but it's like some kind of a scratchy noise. I ejected all my disks, so I don't think it's coming from the super drive.

The scrolling of the trackpad seems go really fast and just a little stroke makes the page scroll all the way to the bottom. Is there anyway I can fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
1. Nothing specificially.

2. Try disabling the Wireless network connection via the Network control panel.
Also try Power Settings in control panel.

3. Could be the fan or the hard disk.

4. See the Pointer Options in the Mouse control panel.

Reaction score
I just installed Windows 7 Home Premium and the Boot Camp 3.1 Update on my MacBook Pro. What other updates do I need to install? Are there things that I can uninstall?

The battery seems to be draining a lot quicker than when I'm on OSX, is there anyway to fix this?

There's also some weird noise coming from my MacBook Pro when I'm on Windows. I can't really explain it but it's like some kind of a scratchy noise. I ejected all my disks, so I don't think it's coming from the super drive.

The scrolling of the trackpad seems go really fast and just a little stroke makes the page scroll all the way to the bottom. Is there anyway I can fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Always install all updates :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.