Tether blackberry for web access?

Reaction score
Hi all. Just picked up a 64 gb ipad!

Love it so far and i am a pc user, that says a lot.

I was wondering, since i already pay for my blackberry storm and have the tethering feature is there any way to tether the storm to the ipad to allow it to use the storm as an internet connection?

Thanks for your help!

Jon

Reaction score
I have a Sprint Hero with wifi tethering and it works well. I also have a Sprint Tour and would like to be able to tether it. It does not have wifi, so I was hoping to do it with Bluetooth. I will let you know if I find anything and hope that you will do the same.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
I don't suppose the iPad tethers with an iPhone does it? :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 inch iMac i5 2.66 quad core processor. iPhone 4 32 gig, ATV2. MPB 17' quadcore
I don't suppose the iPad tethers with an iPhone does it? :(

Steve specifically said no tethering the iPhone to the iPad. Sorry mate. However, I would imagine the bluetooth tethering of other devices would work, or at least I don't see why not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
Steve specifically said no tethering the iPhone to the iPad. Sorry mate. However, I would imagine the bluetooth tethering of other devices would work, or at least I don't see why not.

Pity.

Wonder if my Motorola Razr phone will tether - the one they used in the Bourne Ultimatum :Confused:

Reaction score
I'm tethered to my palm pre as I type this. It works with the free mobile wifi app on my palm nicely.

One of the reasons I got the palm pre a few weeks ago is because verizon starting pushing them at 50 bucks with free wifi tethering for the life of contract aslong as you have the pre. You guys know I was thinking about the iPad when I caught wind of this deal. No 3G iPad needed. =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's a thought - I wonder how that compares for price, a Pre + a WiFi iPad vs a 3G iPad?

It stills seems crazy to have to buy and carry a second phone when most of us probably already have an iPhone. :(

Reaction score
Hmm well let's see.
16gig wifi iPad=$499
Palm Pre=$50 with two year contract. Standard 30 buck data plan with free tethering.

16gig 3G ipad=$630
AT&T unlimited data plan for 30 a month on a pay as you go basis.

I guess it depends on your situation. Since I bet most of us have smart phones with data plans going the palm route could save a lot of money. You could save 720 over two years. Plus 80 bucks going with a pre vs the 130 extra paid on the 3G iPad.

But If I owned an iPhone I could understand hesitating on something like this..well cause I'm sure you guys love your iPhones. I did what I could to save some money. Oh and believe it or not...I'm very impressed with the palm web os. It rocks...really smooth and polished.

Reaction score
On Verizon no...thus the commercials :Smirk:. Would be nice if I could but for me, no big loss. Barely talk on my phone and well who wants to be bothered with a phone call while reading this forum? jk hah!

OP
J
Reaction score
Hrm - so is this possile? Sorry guys I am totally new to iPhone/iPad/iAnything.

I have the blackberry storm. I hope this is possible because that'd be super cool!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac i7 Quad, 27", 8GB mem, 1TB disk, USB numeric keypad

I can understand not being able to tether a Mac or PC to an iPad with 3G because of the plans being created with AT&T, etc., however I was curious about tethering an iPad to an existing mobile phone and plan for people with the wi-fi iPads with no 3G.

I tried connecting my iPad to my BlackBerry Curve 8130. The bluetooth connection on the BB asked for my 4 digit iPad access code that I had set up, and it accepted it. The iPad Bluetooth screen then popped up the keyboard for me to enter my BB PIN (0000 usually). There was then a message on the iPad that it had failed to connect.

I think the bluetooth on the iPad may be limited to a "peripheral" devices like the keyboard or BT headset, but not to a phone or a computer.

If it had worked, I could have used my existing BB data plan for internet access.

Perhaps this would have eroded "some" of the sales for the iPad 3G models in countries where a low cost access arrangement has not been set up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro with 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3, 500GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm, HiRes AntiGla
i thought the iPad doesnt have a usb port... how are you guys tethering?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.