Need To Backup Imac

M

menace3054

I need to backup the imac before I bring it into the apple store to fix the 747 sound emitting from the back of it. I tried carbon copy, and super duper, but they wont let me because i do not have an external disk attached to the computer (i dont even own one) my 4gb ipod is too small to backup everything. what would be the best way to go about doing this? thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Well, you will need to backup your internal hd to some sort of 3rd party or exterior disk so that apple can format your drive if necessary. Either you will have to purchase an external drive, or you can use another one of your computers (if you have one) to do it. Just use CCC or SuperDuper! to back up your HD to another hard drive (not your internal one).

If you own a second mac, just hook them together via firewire, and boot the second mac while holding the "T" key, then use one of the two programs to copy to that computer.

OP
M

menace3054

djlee12 said:
Well, you will need to backup your internal hd to some sort of 3rd party or exterior disk so that apple can format your drive if necessary. Either you will have to purchase an external drive, or you can use another one of your computers (if you have one) to do it. Just use CCC or SuperDuper! to back up your HD to another hard drive (not your internal one).

If you own a second mac, just hook them together via firewire, and boot the second mac while holding the "T" key, then use one of the two programs to copy to that computer.

sweet, never thought of that. thanks a lot

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.