does snow leopard completely replace regular leopard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
does snow leopard completely replace regular leopard or just upgrade it?

i have operating system 10.4.11 tiger and i have a disk for snow leopard but it says i need regular leopard first

so im asking this because i was thinking of downloading leopard 10.5 through a torrent then installing snow leopard, but i dont trust torrents with something as important as my operating system. so i was wondering if snow leopard 10.6 completely replaces leopard 10.5 and therefore replacing any bug or cliches that the torrent version might have had

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Sorry but we don't condone or discuss pirating here.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The $29 Snow Leopard Upgrade DVD is only for OWNERS of 10.5 Leopard. If you do not own Leopard you have either purchase Leopard or the more expensive non upgrade version of Snow Leopard that comes with iLife and iWork.

A torrent of any pay OS is illegal and against US Law and therefore the rules here at Mac Forums to discuss.

Either way you go, you have to purchase something to be legal.

Also even if it were not for the rules here on piracy, I would WARN you to be careful of any Application or OS for the Mac in a torrent as there is a nasty DNS Changer Trojan in many pirated apple torrents. It's not a virus but still can mess up your system.

Purchase either Leopard or the full retail of Snow Leopard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.