new to Mac - iMac 27 Fonts are too small

Reaction score
I am new to macs and to the forums
Hello to everyone

I got the 27in iMac (Snow Leopard I guess?) and its great but the fonts are just too small.

I can hit Command +- in certain apps to grow and contract but I cant seem to find the setting to adjust the overall size of fonts and whatnot.
:|

Any help appreciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
That's because there isn't. You can set your resolution to a crappier resolution. This will solve your problem. You can also zoom on certain parts of the screen by going into system prefs under universal access and turning on zoom. It'll show you how to do it. Also, I assume you have the magic mouse, so mouse over the part you want to zoom on, hit control (not command, control) and scroll up to zoom (2 finger drag up if you enabled it on the magic mouse) and down to zoom back out.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I got the 27in iMac (Snow Leopard I guess?) and its great but the fonts are just too small.

It's because the iMac 27" uses a very high native resolution. That makes the fonts smaller, however, it's nice because you can open your word processor and fit two pages on the screen side by side. Also great for desktop publishing and other types of graphic software.

Do like has been suggested and use the magnifier. Or you can do like I did and have a computer viewing prescription made up for your glasses. (if you wear glasses).

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.