How to use iPhone OS 4.0 Multitasking?

Reaction score
Ok so I got my iPhone 3GS UDID registered and successfully download the 4.0 software. Everything seems pretty straight forward, except on the keynote when jobs introduces that you can use pandora in the background and listen to music in this case when I opened pandora and exited with the music on it automatically stopped as if it wasn't open in the background. Is multitasking supported with apps download from the app store or at the moment only apple applications due to the fact the developers have to implant the API for multitasking on there application???? If anyone is interested in 4.0 and to get there udid registered let me know only limited amount left....

Reaction score
I have os4 with out registering my udid dont ask me how I got around it but its running on the phone. I think we have to wait for the os to come out to get the updated apps.

Reaction score
Ok so I got my iPhone 3GS UDID registered and successfully download the 4.0 software. Everything seems pretty straight forward, except on the keynote when jobs introduces that you can use pandora in the background and listen to music in this case when I opened pandora and exited with the music on it automatically stopped as if it wasn't open in the background. Is multitasking supported with apps download from the app store or at the moment only apple applications due to the fact the developers have to implant the API for multitasking on there application???? If anyone is interested in 4.0 and to get there udid registered let me know only limited amount left....

Some apps may support multitasking but the code for enabling multitasking has just been released so developers have not had a chance to integrate it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.