Maintenance?

Reaction score
Hello

I am a recent convert from MS. I was wondering if there are any regular maintenance tasks to complete on my G5 like disk clean-up and defrag?

Thanks

avroncotton

M

menace3054

Tech Tool Pro is a great program to do defragging, but on mac os, it really isnt necessary. It is good to repair permissions after you install software, and every so often. to do so, go to applications, utilities, disk utility. A nice little program like mac janitor, which is free, does maint. scripts. Or, an all in one like system optimizer x, will update library prebindings, repair permissions, empty disk cache, and do maint. scripts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
firstly welcome to an almost self maintaing machine :)

if you leave you mac on 24/7 then dont worry about it they are set to run in the night (scripts)

MacJanitor just runs the inbuilt scripts when you desire if you dont leave your machine on 24/7

apart from that i dont use anything else and only run repair permissions about once every month if that

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.