Looking for audio app that can split audio

Reaction score
hey all,

I'm about 4 months in on my first mac and love it so far. My question is:

I play guitar and am looking for a program that I can split audio tracks with. For example:

Say I have a song and I want to record a cover of it. I want to be able to take out a guitar part, a vocal part, and just leave the drums and other instruments, so i can have the drums and rhythm in the background and record my vocals with my guitar along with it.

Does anyone know off hand if there is a program that lets you split up audio tracks?

thanks in advance.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BlackBook 2 GHz 2GB RAM 120GB HDD
Google revealed this software, so hopefully that's what you're looking for!

Zep

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac, 3.06GHz duo, 4GB RAM, 500GB Hard Drive, NVIDIA 9400M| 8GB iPod Touch
Well if all of the audio is recorded on one track (one audio file of vocals, guitar etc.) then you won't be able to single out each part unless they are recorded separately.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Core 2 Duo 2.13GHz / 4 GB RAM / 320 GB HDD
I imagine Audacity can do that, but you would need to have a song file with all the tracks already separated. Don't know how you would go about that though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.