Snow Leopard 10.6.3 Hangs after reducing the Hard Disk Size Considerably

Reaction score
Hello
i have MacBook Pro4,1 with Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz Processor and 4GB RAM including 200GB SATA, 5400 hard Disk. It has Snow Leopard 10.6.3 and i updated it last week, everything was OK and working fine but suddenly it starts hanging after reducing the Hard Disk Space considerably and enormously like i have 80GB free space and i heard the little hard disk access voices and it then starts decreasing and at almost 60-61GB the already running Applications are not responding and when i move the cursor it hangs after few seconds and i have to shutdown from the power button, i don,t want to reinstall as i have lot of applications and configured stuff

thanks in advance for any sort of help and guidance in this regard

Best Regards

Bye

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I'm not clear on what you mean by "after reducing the Hard Disk Space considerably". What exactly did you do?

OP
A
Reaction score
Hello
bundle of thanks for answering after going through my bad explanation as i am newbie to Mac

Let me explain in steps

i have opened lot of applications like firefox, zimbra thunderbird etc and browsing on my MacBook Pro

the hard disk size shows me 80GB free(Available)

after some time the hard disk sound appears that some scanning application is being launched but actually no scanning and/or other low level application like that is launched
(i can not say about background applications etc)

the Hard Disk Available Size starts reducing enormously and after considerable reduction like Hard Disk Icon on Desktop shows 60GB free

the running applications do not respond any more but still i can move the cursor

after some seconds the system hangs leaving the cursor unmovable

the caps lock works but there is no response by pressing other function keys

and i have to shut down manually by pressing the power button

sorry i n advance still i am not able to convey what i want

any how i am really thankful for your guidance

Best Regards

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.