Anyone going to get the 3G iPad?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac 3.06 Intel Duo 500GB HDD 4 GB RAM 9400M
I've been thinking of getting a iPad sometime down the road and been looking at the 3G version of it. Might get that one but not sure yet. Would be nice to go basicly everywhere with internet access.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 inch iMac i5 2.66 quad core processor. iPhone 4 32 gig, ATV2. MPB 17' quadcore
I have already pre ordered mine, just doing the "waiting" thing now. The reason why i opted for the the 3g model was because of how easy it is to activate it. If I know I will be traveling or in an area with no wifi for a couple of days I can easily pay the 14.99 for the limited usage or get the unlimited usage to fit my needs directly through the iPad. No need to call AT&T when I want to cancel or reactivate the plan. For me it is perfect. I went with the 32 gig model. I would rather have the 3g option than an extra 32 gigs of memory....alright alright I didn't save any money because I ordered the case and bluetooth keyboard/dock combo, there, you happy?

C

chas_m

I'm planning on getting the 32GB 3G version. It's the only reason I don't already own one.

I live in Canada but travel to the US periodically. The iPad will allow me to leave my laptop at home for these trips AND even better have ubiquitous internet for a reasonable price for the time I am in the states and only that time. At home I am nearly always near Wifi so I don't need 3G up here but in the states I'll want ubiquitous internet and GPS and the iPad 3G has both.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro 4gb memory 250 HD
I got the wireless 32gb version because I csn use my phone for 3G access when needed. My dad is going to get the 3G version since his phone won't give him wireless access. I'm glad I got the wireless for him to play with though because he sees how much he likes it for certain things and where he will still use his laptop for other things. That both are needed!

Btw I am loving my iPad and can't wait for you to get your 3G.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
I hope the arrangements in the UK are as good as that - and that they are with Orange rather than O2 - as O2's coverage near me is crap :)

If it turns out to be O2 only I might as well stick with the WiFi only version - even if I can't tether it to my Orange iPhone 3G.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I was planning on getting the 3G, but decided not to. I think it was a good choice because I don't see myself using it much outside of areas without wifi like I do with my iPhone. Besides, in a pinch I have a workaround for Internet connectivity. ;)

alright I didn't save any money because I ordered the case and bluetooth keyboard/dock combo, there, you happy?

I was planning on getting the keyboard too, but after just a few minutes with the on screen keyboard I changed my mind pretty quickly. In landscape mode I can type just as fast, if not faster, than I can on a regular keyboard.

I would say give the screen keyboard a shot before buying, or before unpacking it.

Reaction score
I pre-ordered 3G, I hate that its on AT&T's network but I am very happy there is no contract for 3g service

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac 3.06 Intel Duo 500GB HDD 4 GB RAM 9400M
Well right now I can't decide which iPad I want to get....wifi or 3G lol.

Reaction score
I pre ordered the 64GB 3G model.

I can't wait for it to arrive.

I got an email today form Apple saying my order had shipped, and got all excited, until I saw it was only the case.

Boo.

Terri

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I'm definitely getting the 3G version. It's nice to have the option to turn on 3G anytime and anywhere I want. Plus, the 3G version also comes with GPS, which I imagine should work without 3G, which means I can more accurately use apps like Yelp.

Reaction score
I picked up the wifi version last week, but seriously considering returning it in favor of a 3g model. One of the wonderful things I've discovered is how easy it is to vpn onto the work server, and now knowing that I want to be able to do it from anywhere.

It'll make my life so much easier!

Reaction score
can you use the 3G iPad anywhere or do you need to be somewhere where there is 3G available?

Reaction score
I've been thinking of getting a iPad sometime down the road and been looking at the 3G version of it. Might get that one but not sure yet. Would be nice to go basicly everywhere with internet access.

I was planning on getting one, but will hold off until they fix the WiFi issue.

Reaction score
I have two 64 gig 3G models on order (one for me and one for the wife). It would be nice if Apple announced a release date.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro with 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3, 500GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm, HiRes AntiGla
I ordered a 64 gig 3g. Now im waiting until "late april". It seems silly to me to get the WiFi. Granted youd already have it, lol, but the 3g has WiFi too. The data plan is so cheap and its so easy to signup or suspend that for me, its a no brainer. I hate waiting!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 GHz 3 GB RAM
I'm going to be going with the 3G model eventually, but I think I'm going to wait, until next year if need be, for the capacities to go up & prices to go down. After playing with it in the store, I know I would want to use it all the time, so I'd need the 64GB to hold all my stuff. Way too pricey for 64GB right now though, as tempting as it is.

I think it's a no-brainer to get the 3G, when you can turn it on and off as you like.

Reaction score
I picked up the wifi version last week, but seriously considering returning it in favor of a 3g model. One of the wonderful things I've discovered is how easy it is to vpn onto the work server, and now knowing that I want to be able to do it from anywhere.

It'll make my life so much easier!

Check out "TeamViewer" - they have an iPhone/iPad app. There are also other remote desktop apps for the iPhone/pad....check out the thread on this topic:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ip...7902-vnc-remote-desktop-work-action-ipad.html

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 3GS
Im going with a 32GB iPad only because i have a iPhone 3GS.
I dont really see the need of having both of them with 3G and paying for both of them when your already paying over $100 monthly bill for your phone. Just my thought.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 12 MBP 8gb ram, Crucial M4 SSD 512gb, Sandy Bridge i7
I'm considering a 32gb 3G. I just need a push to do it. I love my MBP and don't want to be disloyal to it. Just a nudge is all I need.

Update: Pre ordered one. Still need a push. :)

Reaction score
Im going with a 32GB iPad only because i have a iPhone 3GS.
I dont really see the need of having both of them with 3G and paying for both of them when your already paying over $100 monthly bill for your phone. Just my thought.

I can understand that point of view.

Personally, I'm going with a 3G. My thought is this.... I'm going to drop the cash on an Ipad then I want to maximize my connectivity. I want to have the choice to either use my iphone or ipad to access the 3G network. I'm not thrilled to be paying extra money to ATT, but to be honest that money was going to Best Buy or Amazon or any other store/on line site that feeds my gadget addiction. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.