Power off in stead of slumber

Reaction score
Hello,

Since a few days my Mac powers off in stead of going into slumber. I have no recollection of changing any settings but it started after I had installed iLife09. I don't know how to solve this.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

C

chas_m

Could you be more specific? Model of Mac, version of OS, what exactly you mean by "powers off instead of going into slumber", what you've done to try and resolve the issue yourself, etc?

Temporary workaround: don't let the machine sleep. Just power it down normally when you're not using it.

OP
D
Reaction score
Powermac G5, leopard.

Normally it should go into slumber when it is not in use for 15 minutes, however after installing iLife09 (perhaps this is just a coincidence) it switches off after 15 minutes. This implies that all programs are switched off and I have to restart everything. This is very anoying especially when I am doing some research and all webpages are closed.

I have searched for some settings that could have changed but I have only found the setting for the "slumber-mode" (time setting). Perhaps it is just one simple click somewhere, but I don't know where. I have switched only recently...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC 27" IPhone 4 IPad 2
I believe this would be in the energy settings. Of course I am new at this also but I believe that is where you will find your issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I'm a bit lost as to your description....
Normally it should go into slumber (sleep) when it is not in use for 15 minutes, however after installing iLife09 (perhaps this is just a coincidence) it switches off after 15 minutes.
This implies that all programs are switched off and I have to restart everything. This is very anoying especially when I am doing some research and all webpages are closed.
This is the bit that is really throwing me! Does your computer shut down, or does the screen go to sleep and the computer is still powered up?

I think the energy settings (as per the above post) are at play here, unless I'm missing something.

Also, I have to ask, and please don't take offence... is iLife 09 from an install disc, or a download of some sort?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.