Macbook pro NOW or wait?

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Recently ive been a mac HATER, the usual ignorant PC user until I had my first REAL one on one experience with a mac borrowed from my cousin for just a few days. I will NEVER go back.

SO now im considering the 13inch mac book pro. Alot of people are telling me to wait because the macbook pro will be revamped for 2010....so am I better off buying one now, or waiting. Also if im better off waiting whats the most up to date apple computer that wont be getting revamped this year making me feel left in the dust :p

Thanks everyone. :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
If you need it now then buy it. If you can wait then wait. Technology is always advancing and you will end up with an outdated computer no matter what. Outdated however does not equal no good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.66Ghz C2D 4GB ram 320GB HDD
If you need it now then buy it. If you can wait then wait. Technology is always advancing and you will end up with an outdated computer no matter what. Outdated however does not equal no good.

This.
IF you need one now just buy, if not just wait alittle it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
For at least a month now there has been rumors of new Apple laptops. Macrumors has a buyer guide that shows when the last update was and on average how often Apple machines get updated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
For at least a month now there has been rumors of new Apple laptops. Macrumors has a buyer guide that shows when the last update was and on average how often Apple machines get updated.

Ah I love that guide. Thanks for sharing again. Forgot about it.

Reaction score
Wait Wait WAIT

Having been screwed by Mac in the past, it's essential to wait. The new Macbooks are coming. Discounts will be available on the old ones.

For example, last September the Imac 24 inch with the 3.06 processor was top the line in September priced at around $2300. In October, the 21 inch (yes I know a slightly smaller screen) with the same processor, graphics card and storage was the entry level computer selling at around $1100.

So wait and watch. You will have options.

Apple's product releases are stage to maximize their profit not your purchasing experience.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Having been screwed by Mac in the past

Apple's product releases are stage to maximize their profit not your purchasing experience.

Thems harsh words.... Apple screwed you?

And as far as Apple product releases staged to maximise their profit and not the purchasing experience, that is not fact, that is just your opinion, but I don't know of many (any businesses) that are staging releases of their products aiming at minimum profits!
Also, the purchasing experience which incorporates not only the quality of their products, but also the level of customer service, pre and post sales, is what has given Apple the name that they have over the years. It is also the user experience that creates such a word of mouth demand for their products, on top of their own marketing.

To the OP, any MacBook Pro you purchase, be it now, or after the new releases (whenever they are released), will retain it's value very well second hand.
From what I and most others can gather, the 13" Macbook Pro's will still have the intel core 2 duo's anyway, so all the talk of i5 and i7 shouldn't be the decision maker to wait.
So, if you need to get one now, and something comes out that you have to have, you will be able to get back majority of your outlay.
If there is no rush to get on e now, kick back, relax, and see what happens, and then all the speculation won't be able to cloud your decision making.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Thems harsh words.... Apple screwed you?

No. He said "Having been screwed by Mac in the past". I guess Mac is a buddy of his. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.