• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Tivo :( :)

Reaction score
What are you's guys/gals thoughts on Tivo?
I have a tivo system but i have been thinking about canceling it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I liked Tivo years ago when it came out, I rarely watch TV anymore, In fact I have even downgraded my cable package to the very basic 20 channels, no box..etc
These days, Between my phone,laptop and iPad I can get all the content I need from news to movies.

OP
LogicBox
Reaction score
I dunno I mean there are a few shows I watch, but lately my tivo has just been angering me a little bit. Its like why am i spending an extra 14 bucks a month just to have this thing plus and extra 2 to 3 bucks for the cable card when I could just get a DVR from suddenlink and have the same features just not the sounds of the Tivo
I think thats what it is you pay extra for the sounds haha.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
I'm like Bargsbeer. My wife and I have decided to start saving up money for the zombie invasion, and the first thing to go was cable (as of today). We had the HD channels and the HD DVR (not tivo, but whatever). We never watched it, anyway. Gonna save us 100 bucks a month...

Next step is FiOS internet. Slightly cheaper than comcast, and faster/more reliable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
32G iPad
Mine is listed for sale here have direct TV in my new home.

KBJ

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MacBook Pro, MacMini, iPod video, and 32GB iPhone 3Gs.. iPad 3G (Soon!)
disprove an

I had a Tivo when they first came out. Then I got a DVR through my cable company and now I have the DirecTV provided DVR. I really prefer the simple integration on the Sat/Cable provided DVR's. Plus it's cheaper month to month.

There were always little things on the Tivo that were just tiny little annoyances. But fairly to them, they kind of clump the service on top of a standard set top box, and it has to be really universal to work for everyone, so It's nearly impossible to achieve the level of integration that provider DVR's have.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.