Merging And copying contacts?

Reaction score
If there isn't a way to do this I would love to find a way to merge contacts on my iPhone.

Usually I have my contacts set to one specific group and if I'm looking for a specific person it either won't show up in that group or it won't have all of the information I know I've put in so I have to go and look in "All contacts on my phone". The names are the same so it would be cool if could search through, find the same name contacts put them together and where it has the same phone number or addresses it would leave them alone.

It would also be nice to duplicate a contact so you
could use it as a template.

Do any of these suggestions ever make it to to Apple?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Not sure if this is what u want, but have a look in iTunes with iPhone connected;

Click for full size

OP
F
Reaction score
No.

The contacts aren't on my computer. They're not syncing from Outlook or anything. They get pulled in from Gmail.

Problem is... say I get a call and add that number into my contacts... it puts it into the contacts on my phone. So if I'm using the Gmail contacts I have to switch to the iPhone contacts to find it.

If I view all contacts then I'm seeing doubles of everything, which is annoying as all ****.

I'd like to sync all of the contacts from Gmail into the iPhone contacts so any time I add one in either it sticks it in the other... basically so they're identical.

photo.jpg

It would also be nice if you could copy a contact as a new contact.
What I mean by this is say I have John Smith... guy works at WalMart. I have all of the information for that Walmart (address, email, job position title, etc). I'd like to copy John Smith so all I have to change is the name.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.