iPad 3G release?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 inch iMac i5 2.66 quad core processor. iPhone 4 32 gig, ATV2. MPB 17' quadcore
My case already arrived! Then the keyboard dock showed up! They are just teasing me now! *******s. I'm in the same boat, can't wait. ;D
Out of curiosity which case did you go with?

C

chas_m

Well why not wait a whole 2-4 more weeks till it’s all legit and working properly then release it?

Because some people don't need 3G, why should they be made to wait? Why should Apple just sit on stock that's ready to go?

This has nothing to do with "extra sales," since people who need 3G won't be buying until its available.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
The 3G could be an issue with AT&T needing that little extra time to get their networks ready for the ipad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 inch iMac i5 2.66 quad core processor. iPhone 4 32 gig, ATV2. MPB 17' quadcore
The 3G could be an issue with AT&T needing that little extra time to get their networks ready for the ipad.

This thought crossed my mind as well. Lets be honest, between AT&T and Apple, AT&T has proven to be the weaker of the two brands. Apple has been hampered a couple times by them already, i.e. MMS and tethering.

Reaction score
This may seem like a dumb question with a simple answer. Why did they not realse the Ipad with 3G in the first place?

I guess the answer is, so they make more money?

I don't think releasing the 3g after the Wi-fi version is a ploy by Apple to generate additional profits. First of all, the early adopters are going to buy what's on the shelves. So by not having the 3g model available at launch, Apple probably lost some potential profits. IMHO a number of individuals who would have purchased a 3g unit at launch, talked themselves into and/or elected, to the purchase the Wi-fi model instead because it was available.

Personally I am waiting for a 3g model, but it's all I can do not succumb to the excitement and run out and buy a Wi-Fi model. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.