ibook and sleep Mode

• Thread starter thesatelliteguy
  • Start date
T

thesatelliteguy

Hi there,
Is there anyway to tell the iBook G4 not to go into sleep mode when the lid is shut, becasue when I carry my laptop around in my laptop bag, I want to listen to music as I'm walking. Thanks.

Satelliteguy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook 1.33 G4, 768 MB RAM, 60GB HD
I personally dont think that's possible. Sleep on closing is a common feature in laptops to save battery life imo..plus it's logical. Sorry

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, 14'', 1.33 Ghz, 60gig, 768ram, Mac OsX 10.4.3
i remember seeing a guy walking with his closed ibook and had his earphone on him....but i don't know whether he faked it or was it for real...

OP
D

d-funct

I would say he was faking or had his ipod in his bag as well ... Could you imagine how hot your laptop would get if the heat could not escape though the keyboard???

OP
X

xthisisRomancex

1) yes it is possible...
2) you will not want to do this... the iBook is designed to vent its "heat" through the keys...This is fatal you will literaly melt your computer..
---
if for some reason u want to do this download the screen spanning hack it has an option in there to enable "clam shell mode"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.