Installed OS X 10.4 disc one with no result

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4
Ok, so my computer(powerbook g4) was starting to run kind of slow so I decided to just reinstall everything. I found my Tiger discs and started to reinstall 10.4. Turns out that disc 1 was really scratched and wouldn't install. So after many hours with various disc scratch removers and scratch remover creams I finally got disc 1 to install "successfully". All that was left was the restart and to install disc 2. But when the powerbook restarted it goes to the gray apple loading screen and then goes to a blue screen and that's it that's all. I'd really hate to have to find new Tiger discs because 1. they are ridicuosly pricey, 2. I just recently purchased OS X 10.5. So I was hoping there was anyway I could get Tiger going without having to spend more money.
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Call Apple and explain the situation. You can probably get replacement discs for a nominal charge, plus shipping, of course.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If you're planning to put Leopard back on it, there's no reason to install 10.4 at all. Just install with the 10.5 disc you already have.

I'd still check to see if you can get a set of original replacement discs from Apple.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4
If you're planning to put Leopard back on it, there's no reason to install 10.4 at all. Just install with the 10.5 disc you already have.

Every time I put the 10.5 disc in it tells me I need 10.4 installed. I also finally got disc one to install but now I have the same problem with disc 2. But I'll give apple a call and see what they can do for me.
thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.