Wanting to install Windows...

Reaction score
I have a macbook pro that was given to me by a family friend without an install disc, and was wondering if I could download the windows drivers that are on that disc? Does apple offer the drivers as a download?

It's this model by the way:
2006-macbook-pro.png

2GHz Intel Core Duo
2GB RAM
Radeon X1600

Also, if I do get the drivers, should I try windows 7, or stick with XP?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
What operating system is it running and how much free disc space do you have.

OP
T
Reaction score
I'm running 10.5.8, and right now only have 15.5gb open. I can easily free up the needed space though. I already know how to install another operating system, I just want to know if I can download the proper drivers to install.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You really need an install DVD. What I suggest is going to your local Apple store or Best Buy and purchase a copy of Snow Leopard upgrade. ($29.99). You can use that to install Snow Leopard and at the same time be able to free up space if you still wish to install Windows. Depending on which version of Windows you wish to install, you're going to need much more free space than what you now have.

The Snow Leopard install DVD includes Boot Camp 3.0 assistant and drivers for Windows XP, Vista (and even some for Win 7).

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
As with what chscag said you should notice things running a little snappier or at least I did
on my 06 MBP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I have a macbook pro that was given to me by a family friend.

It's this model by the way:
2006-macbook-pro.png

2GHz Intel Core Duo
2GB RAM
Radeon X1600

Wow, now there's a family friend to stay in the good books with :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.