Wow, it's "better" than an iPad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Do you think Apple would let someone else use their A4 chip?

Um.. it doesn't use an A4 chip. It uses the Atom Processor. 1.6 Ghz to be exact.

And IMO, it looks ugly. However, it kills the iPad in terms of specs in every department except for one, which also just defeats the purpose of even having it:

BATTERY LIFE
P88: a measly 1.5 hours

Um... Ok ?

Plus, they make no mention of whether or not it's a touch screen or if you have to use a peripheral device, though I'm assuming the former. I dunno. Either way, It's neither an elegant or desirable solution in this niche market, amongst the myriad ugly and silly tablets.

I'll give the iPad one thing in its favor. It's not trying to be something that it isn't...a laptop replacement. Personally speaking, I find the iPad pointless, but things such as this P88, even more useless than that. I'd rather have a slightly bigger laptop which can do full duties, not a frivolous little toy that only serves to be smaller than you actually need it to be. I mean come on already with these things, is it really hard to carry a 13" laptop ? Are they really so obtrusive ? I don't think so.

It's like those small dogs that silly girls carry in their bags everywhere... ugg.

/rant

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
It's better because everyone knows that spec lists always tell the entire story.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2,1, Macbook Pro 5.1, (2) iphone 4S's, (2) iPad Mini's, Apple TV, MacBook Pro 9.2
LMAO! I'm commentless...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5, 6gb ram, 500gb hard drive. 2010 13" MacBook Air 1.86 C2D, 4gb ram, 128gb HD.
Fail. Looks like garbage and runs garbage. "1.5 hours" of battery life?? *** is the point of having that?? That would be like buying a Jetta TDI that only has a 2 gallon gas tank.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
It might have better specs on paper, but I am willing to bet my life and everything I got that the iPad actually can run circles around it…performance wise, and speed related stuff. I've tried many atom notebooks/netbooks….simply put, they suck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
I'm typing this on an iPad, so not the most objective post I am sure. However, less than 2 hours battery, wireless b/g only, runs Windows XP. Sounds like something from 2001 not 2010.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Even if the specs live up to what they way, it's running windows which will never fully utalise the hardware. Plus the A4 if much better than other 1ghz and even slightly faster CPU's. Because it is not a generic CPU that will have code of it that it'll never use like all CPU's do. Everything the ipad can do is coded into the A4 and no extra stuff not used by the ipad.

For that reason alone the ipad is better. And not to mention itunes for apps/games/music/videos/ebooks/educational content. MS just can not compete with itunes. Well it could but I doubt it even wants to.

And the worst thing. The auction is called "ipad" when it is clearly not an ipad. I'm tempted to report the auction to ebay for this reason alone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.