• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Verizon CEO has told Apple he wants to offer the iPhone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24-inch 3.06GHz
Yeah, I can't blame him. :D

I would be in favor of this though. Choice is good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I think he said that about 5 days after the initial release of the iPhone too. Mike Dell wants to put OSX on Dell boxes, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Funny how Verizon was offered the deal first.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
The problem is these two companies are known control freaks when it comes to software. And two like that just aren't going to get along.

Both are doing just fine without the other, but could make a ton more money and really put competitors in a world of hurt if they started working together.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to the mobile marketshare for both hardware and carriers if this happens.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
The problem is these two companies are known control freaks when it comes to software. And two like that just aren't going to get along.

Both are doing just fine without the other, but could make a ton more money and really put competitors in a world of hurt if they started working together.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to the mobile marketshare for both hardware and carriers if this happens.

The thing is Verizon is known for crippling features while their call quality is
probably the better of the carriers and one other thing unless things have
changed you can not make a call and use the net at the same time like on
AT&T so kinda makes multitasking a moot point on their platform unless things
have changed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
The thing is Verizon is known for crippling features while their call quality is
probably the better of the carriers and one other thing unless things have
changed you can not make a call and use the net at the same time like on
AT&T so kinda makes multitasking a moot point on their platform unless things
have changed.

I have heard that also, I'm sure if and when Verizon gets the iPhone those details will have to be hammered out. Like fleurya said in a earlier post both companies are known control freaks, Someone is going to have to give in and my best guess is that it will be Verizon, Not that Verizon needs the iPhone or that Apple needs Verizon. It would be a great alternative for all those disgruntled At&t customers.

Reaction score
I welcomed the change from Verizon to AT&T just because of Verizon's crippling the features of their phones. I don't really care how great their network supposedly is (it's no better than AT&T in the places I travel) when they mangle the product I buy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.