Help! trouble w/table in Mac Word

Reaction score
So frustrated! I have spent way too long trying to figure this one out -- any MS Word experts out there who can help me? Using Mac Word '04. Exported a Word document from a PC that has a simple 2 column table with text. (A video script). Changed the table format to 'none' and defined style, fonts, etc., all good. But when I type text in a cell and hit return, the cursor DOUBLE SPACES to the next blank line, no matter what I do. If I type text and let it wrap, it will behave normally, single space. But I can't make a line break that goes directly below the typed line -- will only make a huge vertical space between existing and new line! Checked format:paragraph, and "single space" is selected. Help me if you can... Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Save the Windows Word file as a Mac Word file, which will become your source file. Make the changed you want. Now open the file you wish to "import" it into and create a Linked Object, as follows:

Choose Insert > Object. Click From File and navigate to the source file. Select it and turn on Link to File, and click Insert.

You can now edit the Object (size, etc.) using the Picture formatting toolbar tools. But, to edit the content, do it in the source file.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks

Wow... Thank you -- but this seems like more fussing than I want to do! The script is many pages, and I have many changes to make -- hoping to work it out so that I can just open and edit. Saving the original as a mac word file might do the trick -- I'm gonna try that!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
You're welcome.

Making a Linked Object is quick and easy. There are a number of steps, as outlined, but it takes about 20 seconds. The advantage is ease of manipulation once it is linked.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.