DLINK Router Networking Help..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 3.06Ghz 4G Ram| iPhone 3G 8Gb
I have a DLINK DIR-635 and a flatmate who excessivlly downloads and kills my speed during the day.

Can anyone help me in terms of shapping her speed? I have set priority for me as hi priority and her secondary but she will download like 12 eposides of Greys Anatomy at a time!

While I love the show it kills me!!!

Is anyone familir with the router and if so maybe some featurers that might help me?

I'm not totally dumb lol - But the router confuses me a litte

:Evil:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Restrict her download speed in her client, and just tell her to be sensible. Or shop her to the authorities :D
I don't think there's any way of doing this in the router to be honest.

Reaction score
Sorry, I don't see anything in that router that can do bandwidth throttling at all.

Best bet is to ask her to back off on the downloads or buy a router that can handle bandwidth throttling.

OP
bennjiboi
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 3.06Ghz 4G Ram| iPhone 3G 8Gb
Agh annoying, but thanks for the responces!

I think I'll just adjust her client to match our off peak hours then ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MBP 2.66, 750GB 7200RPM HD, 8GB RAM; iPhone4S 64GB; 32GB iPad, White, AT&T.
Well, I would first start with DHCP reservation, and then restrict the reserved IP to your flatmates computer. Not sure how to do it with the dlink though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.