Buying ibook keyboard iskin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook 1.33 G4, 768 MB RAM, 60GB HD
Hey guys,

I'm gonna buy the iskin for my ibook's keyboard. Anyone have anything negative to say about it?

My mind's pretty much made up. I've read a few reviews and 1 of them said that the thing did not cover the keyboard well.

Just wondering what are your experiences with it.

i wanna buy it coz half of the apple key sign on the apple key button ont he keyboard is gone. is that covered by applecare or is it just considered as normal wear and tear and not covered?

thanks

M

mangoSharingan

I think it's normal wear and tear. Depends on how much you love your iBook really. If you think more keys will wear off soon and cannot bear to see that happen, and you have the money, I don't see why you shouldn't go for it! None of my keys are wearing out yet but if I could, I would love to get one.

Reaction score
I have the iskin for my PB and I love it because you can wash it from time to time and still keeps the shape. I would recommend it to everyone :)

x59

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" Aluminum Macbook 2.0gHz, core i5 Mac Mini.
I have one for my iBook and i cannot stand to use it. The keys are off just enough to irritate me, and it just fits horrible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
i dont like the rubberish plasticish feel to them when i type , i used a couple on another PB and an iBook , and i cant stand them so i dident buy one .

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook 1.33 G4, 768 MB RAM, 60GB HD
Well, I can get used to the rubbery feel, however, my main concern is how it fits ont he keyboard. x59 is the second ibook user who said something about the skin not fitting properly on an IBOOK.

F

Fallooza

ya i thought it was a piece of crap too. not only not fitting it seems to be a dirt and dog hair magnet. definentaly not worth $20. i bet x59 would sell u his cheap.

S

sursuciofla

JackTheRipper said:
Well, I can get used to the rubbery feel, however, my main concern is how it fits ont he keyboard. x59 is the second ibook user who said something about the skin not fitting properly on an IBOOK.

I have one for my ibook and I love it. It doesn't fit like I would like it does it's job. It just doesn't seal the edges but no biggy. It may be a magnet for dust and hair and stuff but at least that stuff won't get in between the crevaces of your keyboard over time like it would without any protection. It also mutes the keys when you type so it's not so loud. I may be the only one but I actually like the rubbery feel of it unlike others who have posted on it. I think it's a bit pricey for the type of craftsmanship and product but I think it will save me in the long-run. I have had mine since the first week after I purchased the ibook and my keyboard is very clean and like new. This is something that will be a good selling point if I ever do sell it. I have a few other accessories to help aid in keeping my book in pristine condition.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" G4 1.2 GHz iBook 768mb
It also mutes the keys when you type so it's not so loud.

This is the main attractor for me, as well. In class, taking notes, I can sit back and type almost silently, while everyone else is click-clacking away! I love it. I got used to the feel of it, and my keyboard looks brand new. Unlike my PC keyboard, which looks absolutely disgusting to me now. I feel it is well worth the money. Oh, and its on my 12inch iBook, and fits well enough. I have absolutely no complaints, except I wish I bought two, so I can have one on while I wash the other!

Long story short: BUY IT!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
You could always just buy some individual keys and replace them as you need to. I've seen several sites offering these, just google for iBook replacement parts.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.