Why doesn't my ichat camera work?

Reaction score
My computer doesn't seem to be able to connect with the isight camera (I have a 2008 macbook pro). Whenever I shut the computer down, I am able to use the isight camera on ichat, but after a day (a couple of hours), the videochat icon switches to an audio chat icon and I don't seem to be able to access the ichat camera in any of my applications (facebook, etc). What is causing this and how can I ensure that this won't happen?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
It could be that a different application used or tried to use the camera last. Just go to Preferences under the iChat menu and make sure the built-in iSight camera is selected.

OP
O
Reaction score
It could be that a different application used or tried to use the camera last. Just go to Preferences under the iChat menu and make sure the built-in iSight camera is selected.
I tried that, but when I got to the Audio/Video screen, it states that "there is no camera attached to this computer"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.