For the Newbie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
I cannot sing the praises of Time machine backups enough. For the second time in eighteen months a freak storm created a surge overnight which lost my system, and again I utilised my TM backups to restore my system.
For those who have not yet gone to the small expense of purchasing an external HD, safeguard your Mac by doing it, it is such a small outlay to protect what can be sometimes thousands of dollars worth of software, along with all of those valuable files, music and photos.
Comments are often made regarding the "expense" of Mobile Me" membership. Again, it is small in comparison to the loss one can suffer from losing your address book and iCal events.
;D

T

todd51

You can never be too safe. I'm still needing a 1TB external drive to back up my iMac with SuperDuper. Gotta get another paycheck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.