How do I prevent ISP from mounting network drives?

Reaction score
Hey all,

Whenever I run a bitttorrent program, two new network drives mount on my computer - one named 'home' and one named 'net'.

I'm running Airport Extreme on Snow Leopard with WPA, firewall, and I even installed NoobProof, I also use something called 'Lighthouse' to open the correct ports for Adium (chat program) and my bittorent program. When running NoobProof, it DOES block my bittorrent client but NOT the mounting of network drives on my desktop by my ISP. This is the WORST of possible outcomes here.

Isn't there some way I can totally prevent the mounting of network drives on my desktop by my ISP while still allowing my bittorrent client to run?

C

chas_m

You ISP has no knowledge of, interest in, or ability to mount your network drives.

These drives are being mounted because one of the programs you are using (most likely the bt program) requires files that reside on them.

PS. Turn off the software firewall. You don't need it and its just complicating matters.

Reaction score
What torrent program is it?

Your ISP is not doing this, so get that thought out of your head. It is likely the app that you have installed that is doing it.

Reaction score
nondual,

Did you figure this issue out? I am struggling with the exact same problem with Pro Tools HD. Those two drives you mention, home and net show up the moment anything connects to the internet. I have gone through and disconnected everything I can think of from my network and hardwired my Mac Pro directly to the router and I still get those two drives showing up.

When those two drives show up, It takes forever to import audio files into Pro Tools. It is very very frustrating. Pro Tools will not eject these two drives either because they are being used. I have posted this issue on the Pro Tools forums and nobody else with Pro Tools seems to have this problem.

I am desperate to get this solved and I just don't know where else to go to get answers. Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.