Cleaning a White Macbook

Reaction score
Well my macbook is getting a little bit dirty, mostly near the trackpad area where I rest my hands, and I wanted to know what's the best way to clean it. I've read you can do it with a soft cloth, like the one that came with my laptop, and water, but the stains are hard to clean.

Also, is there anyway to clean the area beneath the keyboard? The keys look like they can be removed but I'm guessing they can't be.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
Clean the stains with Mr. Clean Magic Eraser pads (work wonders)

You can use compressed air to get debris from under the keys. They can come out but are a PITA to reattach.

OP
Rokurosv
Reaction score
Ok, I'll pick a couple of pads next time I hit the supermarket, but I don't think I can find them so easily here, not in the US btw xD. Any other DIY cleaning solutions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 8GB Ram, 500GB HD, Have been an Apple guy since 2002, and will NEVER GO BACK =)
I agree 1000000%. those mr. clean pads work AMAZING. Just dont use too much water! =)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.