Ideas for a Nice Website

Reaction score
For a while now, I have been trying to come up with ideas for a website of my own.

I have iWeb '09, and I would like to put my .Mac Account to good use. I would like to create a website with a nice purpose and an easy interface.

Does anyone have any ideas for a website of my own? I have a webserver and a database that I could use as well.

Any ideas or suggestions would be great. Thank you! :)

Jeffrey

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I'm in the same boat.Maybe we will get two good ideas. Thought about taking some time this summer to set up a site where family ember could share pics, movie clips, etc.

T

todd51

A lot of people like to set up blogs with iWeb. Either personal about their lives and family, or focusing on a certain niche. I personally would blog about something that interests me such as computers, video games, movies, or anything else people may want to read. If you post a couple of times a week of good content, you'll probably get quite a few visitors.

Other ideas would be something along the lines of a digital portfolio if your into graphics or any kind of art/design. You could also do an online resume if your about ready to enter the work force.

Those are just some of my ideas.

OP
P
Reaction score
SlyDude,
I was thinking the exact same thing about sharing digital photos and stuff. The only thing is that I wouldn't know how to set that up. I am not aware of any PHP scripts that allow you to do this. I think that maybe we could work on a site like this together since we have the same ideas in mind. Interested?

Todd51,
Yes, I can easily set up a blog for iWeb, but how would you get visitors to come and view all the posts? I know that if you have a neat little application or things to offer, you can post your software on MacUpdate and you will get a lot of visitors, but I wouldn't know how to advertise to get your blog seen. Do you have any ideas?

Also, I think that working together on things would make the content more elaborate and well-rounded. If any of you would like to work together to create a website, please let me know and we could come up with a nice idea.

Thank you for your thoughts. Please respond with what you think.

Jeff

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sounds like an interesting idea. I really am a babe in the woods though. The last time I did any web development it was a sample for a class project and it was built primarily with Netscape Communicator. The site never really went live we just had to show that we understood the basics.

Because I was going to aim it primarily at my family a lot of the work could be done manually. I would probably want to set up part of the site as a private area since some of them have kids that they might not want the pictures all over the web.

OP
P
Reaction score
Okay, we could set up something like that.

What program or script would we use to create this?
We could run the program with an iFrame on iWeb and go from there.

For the admin area, check out this as a start: Easy Admin Logon :: Welcome to 1.1 (developement)

username: jelvischan
pass: admin

This could be used to store some helpful information or a chat system or something.

I could also set up a blog to post some updates or downloads or something.
Would we limit the site to specifically sharing media, or would we offer different things?

Let me know what you think!

Jeff

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry I haven't responded sooner. We had some pretty good storms last night so I was off of the net most of the night. I also got the PM that you sent. I'll take a look at everything this weekend when I have a bit more time.

OP
P
Reaction score
Okay, great.
Take a look at the blog. It looks really nice so far. I am just hesitant as to what to blog about :|

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.