Changing the Name when 10.6 was installed.

Reaction score
I had a 3rd party rebuild my computer after a hard disk failure. The company put in my name during the Snow Leopard install (for example Bob Jacobs which BTW isn't my real name). Somehow that info is embedded in the system and it reappears often enough to annoy me. I installed some software and the new client name is "Bob Jacobs's Mac Pro". This is really annoying! Where do I dig to change this to something more reasonable. It's not in the Sharing or Internet/Advance locations in System Preferences. I suspect that I'll have to dig deeper than that.
Thanks for any help.
Steve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Ty the accounts preference pane

OP
S
Reaction score
I'm not sure where you are referring to in the accounts preferences. The information that was entered during the Snow Leopard installation doesn't appear to be related to the accounts. After the OS installation, I removed the default account created and created new ones. However, the original name still shows up. Ooops my bad maybe. If the OS name is tied to the first account that was created and I subsequently deleted that account then now how do I change the original ownership info? In the end, I want the ownership name to be the company's (e.g. Company's Name Mac Pro) and the accounts to carry the user's name (e.g. Rob Jacobs).

Steve

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.