Logmein Ignition

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Has anybody tried this APP yet? I have a mac mini that I would like to be able to log in to remotely. Currently it has three accounts on it. Any problem with setting it up for individual access or do you have to stay logged into an account to access remotely?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
I use it and it works perfectly on both Mac & PC. I believe you have to be logged in to use it though. It installs an app that runs on the background on your machines. I have an icon for it in the topbar on my MBP and in the taskbar on my PC. That app needs to be running for LogMeIn to recognize your machine.

I only have one user on each of my computers so I can verify, but I imagine you can not switch accounts and keep an application running during the switch. Maybe someone else can verify...

It also won't wake a machine that is sleeping, which is a consideration if you're away for long periods.

EDIT: Thought about this some more. While you probably couldn't switch accounts, you could install it for each account. You'd have access to whatever one is currently running. Perhaps that is what you meant.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook5,2, iPad 16 gb, iPhone 3GS 32 gb, Iphone 4
ntrconnect .. no fee, free app. Works wonderfully

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Tried logmein, ntrconnect and team viewer

For what I use it for (access to me own machines and supporting friends and family) logmein has it hands down.

For me, ntrconnects' free version with a 2 machine limit doesn't suit.
Team Viewers' interface is a bit hap-hazard but it gets the job done and has a nice no-install approach which is handy when someone gets in touch and wants help quickly and without fuss.

It is a shame that logmein costs so much but again for me it's worth every penny. If you can live with the 2 machine limit then ntrconnect is an excellent free solution.

OP
RavingMac

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Thanks everyone for the input.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.