Reaction score
Hi all,

Here is a question for you!

I know how to make ical run from start up, but I was wondering if there is a way to make it open in one of my different "spaces"?

Thanks

Adam:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
You can assign applications to certain spaces in the "Expose & Spaces" preference pane.
As you can see I have Firefox assigned to space 2 then when I put Firefox in the startup items it will open in that space.
Lj7el.Screenshot%202010-04-06%20at%2011.07.32%20AM.png

OP
A
Reaction score
I have answered my own question!

To automatically open applications in a space of your choosing here are the steps...

Firstly make sure that the application is set as a log in item. To do this go to...

System Preferences --> Accounts --> click on the account in question --> in the "Login Items" Hit the + and add the application (and make sure its ticked)

Once the App is set to open at Log in..

go to...

System Preferences --> Expose and Spaces --> Hit the Spaces Tab --> Press the + to add your application --> Set it to the space you want it to open in!

Remember that this is now the default space that the App opens in. If you close it and re open it, it will open in the Tab that you have selected it to open in, in System Preferences!

Adam:)

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks McYukon! I think I was typing my own response just as you were answering my question!

Thanks for the response!

Adam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Hey, no problem :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.