iCal Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10 GB 13" MacBook Pro, 64GB WiFi, 128GB iPhone 7
I have several years of data in my iCal file. Everything in there is under the "Unfiled" folder but with my aging eyes, it's difficult to read.

Is there a way I can convert everything in there from "Unfiled" to "Home" so it will be darker with more contract and therefore, much easier to read? TIA.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I'd like to try to help, but I don't know where you're seeing these folders called "unfiled" and "Home". Could you give more details?

OP
billwill
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's the color of an entry into iCal... after you enter iCal, in the left column are the Calendars available: Home, Work, Unfiled, Business, Untitled and Untitled 2. I've always used the "Unfiled" color which is a light beige. It's now a little hard to read. I'd like to change all my entries to the "Home" which is a bright blue background and much easier to read. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
When you open iCal, right-click on the "Unfiled" calendar on the left side of the screen. Choose "Get Info" and in there you will have a little dropdown to choose what color you want it to appear as. You can have more than one calendar the same color. Or you can change it to whatever one you want and change your other calendar that has the same color to a different color so you don't get them confused.
***SEE ATTACHED THUMBNAIL***

Screen shot 2010-04-06 at 11.01.52 AM.png

OP
billwill
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iCal question

Will that change ALL my prior entries to the color I want or only future entries?

OP
billwill
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MYmacROX, Thank You !

It worked! ALL my iCal entries now have the blue background. I can read them! Thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Everything in there is under the "Unfiled" folder but with my aging eyes, it's difficult to read.

in the left column are the Calendars available: Home, Work, Unfiled, Business, Untitled and Untitled 2.

Ah! That's what threw me. Glad you got what you needed! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.