Steve was right it feels natural

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Yes, all those things are available on a proper computer with a keyboard, a mouse and an internet connection. But that requires you turn them on, boot up, log in, faff around, get distracted, and remember what you were looking for in the first place. And computers with keyboards of whatever size mean one thing to me: work.

I read that on a random article when the ipad was compared to a normal computer. And it's so true I just had to post it. And I agree so much with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MBP 2.66, 750GB 7200RPM HD, 8GB RAM; iPhone4S 64GB; 32GB iPad, White, AT&T.
I went to the Apple store in Richmond VA and got to play with one...Do I want one? Yes, do I need one? No....albeit sadly... I need a reason to need one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
The problem is that when I was at school only the girls learned typing (on typewriters) and the boys learned woodwork and metalwork.

In those days computers were in large air-conditioned rooms with a raised floor and a sticky mat at the door. Nowadays, my wristwatch is probably more powerful than those - my iPhone certainly would be. I didn't see a calculator until the last year at school - we used log tables.

I really wish I could learn to type properly - not so much for the speed but for the ability to watch the screen instead of the keyboard. So many times I have been typing away, glanced up at the screen and seen there is a popup box asking some stupid question and the last paragraph I typed has not been accepted. :)

Reaction score
I really wish I could learn to type properly - not so much for the speed but for the ability to watch the screen instead of the keyboard. So many times I have been typing away, glanced up at the screen and seen there is a popup box asking some stupid question and the last paragraph I typed has not been accepted. :)
That happens to me when I am in a spreadsheet doing number input, so I know how frustrating that can be.

I have to report that I, too, am struggling to learn to type on the iPad. I am typing this on my beloved Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard, but I think I should try to force myself to learn how to type on the iPad.

I am not sure whether I should just resign myself to typing on an old-fashioned keyboard, or try to learn to type on the iPad so that I don't become reliant on the keyboard, so that I feel the need to have my bluetooth keyboard with me all of the time. Thoughts?

Reaction score
I went to the Apple store in Richmond VA and got to play with one...Do I want one? Yes, do I need one? No....albeit sadly... I need a reason to need one.

I think many of us have been in the same situation. Did I need an iPhone? No. Did I want one? **** yeah. Now, I wouldn't have any other kind of phone. Maybe that would happen with the iPad.

Come on, just buy it! If you really can't find a use for it, just eBay it.

OP
BadApple
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
32G iPad
This iPad is awesome I know I will buy the next gen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.