How do I get my music from a Zoom H2 into my iMac?

Reaction score
Hi. I want to buy a Zoom H2 so I can record my songs and burn them onto a CD. How do I transfer what I've recorded on my Zoom into my Mac so I can burn it onto a CD?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
According to the Samson web site and the ad for the Zoom, you can use the USB 2 interface of the H2 to move the recorded files to your PC or Mac. Once they're on the computer, you can use whatever other software you have to edit them. IE: Audacity, etc. After editing, they can be burned to a CD as audio or MP3 (whichever you choose).

(You can also import the recorded files into iTunes.)

Note that audio files take up much more space on a CD or even a DVD, so it's probably better to use MP3 format which is compressed. Most CD players and automobile players nowadays support the MP3 format.

Regards.

OP
D
Reaction score
Yes, but how do I import my recorded music from my Zoom into iTunes? Next, how do I burn this from iTunes onto a CD?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
When you plug the Zoom into your iMac via the USB 2 cable, the Zoom should appear on your desktop like any other hard drive or flash drive. Just open it and then drag and drop the files into iTunes. Once they're in iTunes, you can select them to burn to a CD or DVD.

Open up your iTunes and read the help. That will show you how.

Regards.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks for the further help and advice. I will carefully read the help sections in iTunes. Believe it or not, I have not yet used iTunes in any way yet. I guess that's what this forum is for!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.