Imac Buying Advice- Help Needed!

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide between an upgraded version of the NVIDIA 21.5" imac (upgraded to 3.33ghz dual core and 8gb of ram) setting me back around £1300 or going all out and getting the 27" quad core 2.66ghz i5 imac;around an extra £300 to £1600. I will be using the machine mostly for graphic design, photoshop, illustrator etc. and also converting high definition video files (.MKV, .TS to .MP4). I want something as fast as possible at these tasks but for the price difference I'm just worrying whether it's worth going for the higher model; Checked out speedtests and I'm not 100% how they convert to real-life application!

Any advice would be awesome! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac i5 2.9 Ghz, 15" MBPro i7 2.0 Ghz, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, ATV2, ATV3, iPad2, iPad Mini
I'm trying to decide between an upgraded version of the NVIDIA 21.5" imac (upgraded to 3.33ghz dual core and 8gb of ram) setting me back around £1300 or going all out and getting the 27" quad core 2.66ghz i5 imac;around an extra £300 to £1600. I will be using the machine mostly for graphic design, photoshop, illustrator etc. and also converting high definition video files (.MKV, .TS to .MP4). I want something as fast as possible at these tasks but for the price difference I'm just worrying whether it's worth going for the higher model; Checked out speedtests and I'm not 100% how they convert to real-life application!

Any advice would be awesome! :)

The extra Screen size will be invaluable for Graphic Design. You should buy the 27" iMac with the i5 Processor.

DavidH

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.