Solution: iSync freezing when syncing Nokia smartphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" (early 2008, pre-unibody), 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM.
Hi all,

Thought I'd share a solution that eluded me for some time. I had been successfully syncing my address book and iCal calendars with my Nokia E65 for about a year after getting my first Macbook Pro (with Leopard) using iSync. Then for some reason iSync started crashing (freezing for over 30 minutes and bringing all other activity to a crawl). I did not notice if this began right after I upgraded to Snow Leopard or installed some other software, and after trying several things (reinstalling the nokia plug-in, upgrading phone firmware, etc.), I kind of gave up for a few months.

Then recently I tried it again, and realized that I could sync my address book with no problems. iSync only crashed when syncing calendars. Then I tried individual calendars one at a time (I have six: personal, work, etc.). I was surprised to find that all of them synced fine except for one. I figured maybe that calendar was corrupted or something, so I created a new calendar, switched all events under the original over to the new calendar, and voila! It synced without a hitch. I deleted the 'corrupt' calender, renamed the new one to match the old, and I'm good to go.

Don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but hopefully this can help someone out there!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.