• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Do you give the iPad the middle finger?

Reaction score
My wife was making fun of me for using my middle finger when I was demonstrating the iPad to her. I mean I only have 5 fingers on my hand and one is a thumb! Can't really use that one too effectively for swiping. (Pinching yes, swiping no.) I seem to use my index finger on my iPhone but that's probably because I have greater accuracy with that finger. So that got me thinking: What finger do other iPad users use to swipe and touch? I saw a demo of an iPad game and he was using his middle finger, so I know I'm not alone.
BTW, I told my wife that I used my middle finger because it was longer and thus made it quicker to reach the iPad. (Huh?)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15"
I use my middle finger alot when I drive.
and picking my nose...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2,1, Macbook Pro 5.1, (2) iphone 4S's, (2) iPad Mini's, Apple TV, MacBook Pro 9.2
Nope, I'm an index finger iPad and iPhone user. But I do type with my middle finger on my MBP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15"
$20 to the first person who posts a video using their iPad with their feet - successfully.

Reaction score
i use my iphone w/ my thumb. i'd imagine i would have to use my middle finger on an ipad. i use my middle finger to hit the shutter button on my DSLR. had an incident with a 20 ton log splitter in 2008, and i have almost zero feeling in my index finger (right -> dominant hand). hahaha.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15"
really middle of picking never seen that before I see a lot of nose picking while driving :Evil::Evil:

Its for safety. The finger is too wide to go up far enough to cause a nosebleed. My car has a stiff suspension, every bump is felt.

Reaction score
haha, I figured this topic was going to be an anti-ipad one

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
I use my middle finger on my Macbook track pad for most navigation.... granted, my whole hand is hovering over the thing ready to perform gestures like 2 finger secondary tap (pointer + middle), 2 finger scroll, and 3 finger swipes. Not to mention 4 finger exposé.

But yea, my primary finger is my middle finger. Pwn.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 4 GB DDR3, 250 GB HDD, 10.6.4
People don't give the middle finger enough credit. I use it on the trackpad on my MBP and sometimes on the shutter of my DSLR. It's also great for tasks like picking up oddly shaped objects, and appreciating having opposable digits. Altogether a worthwhile manipulator if you ask me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.