iPad pictures out of order???

Reaction score
This worked for me on my Iphone 4. I changed the "date taken" on my PC under properties for the images to put them in the order I wanted. I then resynced. It was the only suggestion that worked after hours of trying everything else. Thanks andylorro!

Hi Guys

Not sure if you have this info already but I have been trying to get my photos in order on my PC!

All I did was right click on the image and select properties, and then click the details tab at the top on the new window. About half way down there is the date of the photo or image, you can manually change the date to the 1st then click apply. Do the same again to each photo in the order you need them but change the date by a day e.g. 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th on so on. Then sync the folder to the iPad and they go on in the order you wish them!

Hope this helps people!

C

chas_m

Don't quote me on this, but I **THINK** the iPad uses EXIF tags to determine order.

So, if you're on a PC, you'd want a program that can edit those tags, like ... drum roll ... ACDSee (for Windows). As but one example, of course other programs can do this too.

Reaction score
Just spent an hour at the local Apple Store and they couldn't figure it out either. It appears that the sort is by date, but simply changing the date via an album program like Photoshop Elements doesn't help. We also changed dates on Picassa for the PC but when the files were exported the dates didn't stick. So far the only solution appears to buy a MacBook Pro and sync it with Iphoto through Itunes which will work. An expensive fix. Either that or find a program that can change the file dates permanently in a way that the Ipad will recognize.

I have the 'expensive' set up and still have no control over how to order photos in the order I WANT. I am beginning to dislike iPhotos more and more.

Reaction score
hey there is an app named Sort shots which will help you in solving your problems.Sort Shots is the easiest way to Sort, Sequence and Share your photographs on your Apple iPad.you can create slideshows with music etc..

Reaction score
sorting photos

Hi everyone,

Here's a relatively simple fix...
starting with the photo you want to see first, save it (using paint or whatever) as a tiff. Continue to do the same with the photos in order. Then sync. Problem solved.

Still a pain in the butt, but easier than trying to change exif dates and all the other methods, especially the stupids who suggest a $299 program etc.
It's 3 in the morning and I'm trying to get my girlfriend's portfolio on her ipad in order for an interview today. Where's a sledgehammer so I can smash the nearest blue shirt apple store employee...?

Nevermind, it worked for a couple, then they went haywire again.

Reaction score
the answer

for those of us lucky enough to have windows 7, I found the answer, and it works every time...
Just go to the folder where your photos are. At the bottom of the file is the status for each file as you click on the double blue arrow on the thumbnail of each file, if that makes sense. Click on the double blue arrow, and you will see "Date taken" at the bottom of the window. Click on that, and you have access to a calendar. Just make the first photo you want to see, say May 1, the 2nd photo you want to see, May 2 etc... Each time you change a date don't forget to click the Save button on the right at the bottom. Once you've done that for all your photos, delete the ipod photo cache (not sure if that step is required), then re-sync. Phew! And it only took me 6 hours to figure out. The ipad should be able to do it but I guess even Apples have worms...bwahahahahahahahahaha

ps if a photo seems out of place, check the year...

Reaction score
Solved

Hello,

its easy .. just try to find how iPad sorting the images, what is the logic, you will find that the photos titles should be 01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,12 ..etc and not 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 etc . in this case iPad will sort it like this 1,10,11,2,3,4 ... etc

1st of all you have to ensure that the date sequence is right, iPad sorting by date then by title. so in case your photos have random dates open photoshop and update them all by batch update.

Nairoukh

Reaction score
Do not buy an ipad or iphone if you wish your synced pictures to be in order!

Syncing pictures from folders in "My Computer" on P.C.'s to an ipad or iphone causes them to scramble completely out of order. There is no fix for this, and Apple's engineers know this. 90% of computer users in the US use Window's PC.

It is dishonest of Apple not to warn their customers of this defect.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5 iMac 2.7G i5 + iPad2 +iPhone 6s+MacBookPro 15in 2017
think I've cracked it ! for PC users

Had the wife doing her nut as her iPad photos were out of order so I read these postings and sorted it 'very simply' by changing the date, re-syncing, and hey-presto, another satisfied lady!
No need for Photoshop, Picassa etc...
Her PC uses Vista (uggh!!) (cannot afford a Mac AND iPad!)

Find the photos in Explorer, view by 'Details' not 'tiles'
highlight the file name to have date changed, then right-mouse click, go to bottom of box to select 'Properties', select second tab at top 'Details'
View the details, highlight the part of the Date to change, ie 01/02/2011 change to 11/02/2011 or whatever, click on Apply at bottom right, see the highlighted file in Explorer have the date changed!! Repeat process for all wrong dates.
Re-Sync and watch your photos appear in correct order.....

Reaction score
Even easier using Windows Live Photo Gallery

Using this free software from Microsoft, just open the folder you want to work on. Then "select all" the photos and right click on one of them. Go to properties and at the bottom you will see (in blue) "Remove properties and personal information". Just click on it and select the properties you want to remove, or remove everything. Every photo in the folder will be updated automatically.
Works like a charm !!!

Reaction score
The program changes the file dates in file system instead of EXIF inside the file, so it works for all file types including PNG. But for those who wishes to change the EXIF it does not help.
It changes both file date on file system and creation date in EXIF.

Reaction score
Hi,

I have tried both programs:

File Date Sequence Changer tells me always to use a valid folder name??
mass-image-property-changer - still after resync the pics are in the wrong order.

Reaction score
possible solution?

I was having the same kind of problem, with synchronized pictures from my windows pc appearing on the ipad in the wrong order. I did this:

- I downloaded and installed Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.0 (free)
- I imported the pictures i needed into Photoshop Album
- I changed the display order in Photoshop Album to the order I want by clicking: View-->Arrangement-->Date(Oldest First)
- I created 'collections' containing the pictures i wanted to upload to the ipad (using the 'organize' view)
- In Itunes I synchronized the Ipad with Photoshop Album in the 'photo tab'

This worked for me, all pictures on the ipad are now in order from oldest to newest....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.