• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iMovie cross refer projects and events

Reaction score
I often find myself wanting to know which events a given project is using, but cannot find an option which allows me to do this in iMovie '09

I suspect that I have events that are not used in any of my projects, and would like to delete them. Also, after copying some projects (and their constituent events) to another disk, I would like to confirm that I can delete the events from the original disk without danger of upsetting other projects .... and if I am likely to do this, then which are the projects that would be 'upset'

The solution to all my problems would be to cross reference all my projects and events on a given disk. Does anyone know of a way of doing this please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
The only thing I see is that you can right click on a clip in the project and choose "Reveal in Event Browser". For source material not in an event, such as a picture, use "Reveal in Finder".

There is a file for the project that contains information for each resource used, but only Apple could tell you the format. You might be able to hobble something together to read the resources used, if you know how to program. You can certainly read it 'Property List Editor', but cannot edit it. PLE may be a part of the Cocoa developer install. I'm not sure because I already have that installed.

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks Xstep, that's been a help (1st paragraph). It's a shame that a cross reference facility does not exist.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.