Internet pop up websites HELP!!

Reaction score
Hi all i am new on the forum and was wondering if someone could help me with the following issue that i have?

Even though in safari preferences i have pop up blocker blocked, still when enter a website it takes me to e.g ask jeeves (related topics of my search), then when i press back and search for the website again it then takes me straight to it.

Any ideas how to prevent this from happening??

thanks

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
NOTE: Moved thread to more appropriate forum. This is not a site comment or suggestion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz RAM, iPhone 4S
not real sure what you mean by your question... Are you saying you try to find a website in the address bar or you are searching it in the search bar to the right(google, bing, or w/e you have it set as)? When you click the back button, it shouldn't take you somewhere new, you will be taken right back to where you were. But still it is not real clear what you are trying to ask from your description... You talk about pop-ups blocked but that doesn't really relate to anything else you are asking?

OP
E
Reaction score
not real sure what you mean by your question... Are you saying you try to find a website in the address bar or you are searching it in the search bar to the right(google, bing, or w/e you have it set as)? When you click the back button, it shouldn't take you somewhere new, you will be taken right back to where you were. But still it is not real clear what you are trying to ask from your description... You talk about pop-ups blocked but that doesn't really relate to anything else you are asking?

yeah absolutely if i tap in top right hand bar (google) it will come up with related websites of what you have entered i.e footlocker, then when you click on website it directs you elsewhere........ sometimes another search engine. when i press back and reclick website it then takes me directly to the webpage.

does this make sense?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ya sorry about that. does it do it all the time on every search? or just random times or only with certain site?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
got me confused. I tried to replicate what you are describing, on my machine but haven't been able too so I am not sure why it is acting up on you. Maybe in the next update the bug will be gone(make sure you are up to date on your software it could help)

OP
E
Reaction score
Hi all i am still having this problem with my mac, heres an example of what happens

1. i google e.g mac-forums
2. google then lists the website
3. i then click on it to enter the mac-forums website
4. in the web address bar it shows Mac Forums | Apple, iPod, iPhone Discussions but then diverts automatically to K-Directory.co.uk: mac-forum websites in the UK

its just so so annoying and its when i go through the google search engine. anyone help me???

many thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.