Random Screen Blackout?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro Unibody (Mid 2009), Currently running Leopard, 8GB iPod Touch and 16GB iPod Nano...
Hi,

I have a MBP that is about 9 months old. I have had next to no problems so far. Until today. I was browsing the internet and all of a sudden, the screen goes black. I know that the computer is still on because the backlit keyboard is still lit, but there was no other signs that the computer was even on. I closed the cover for a minute and opened it back up again, everything was exactly as I left it before the screen went black. That was the first time this has ever happened to me. I am probably being paranoid! But I wonder if anyone else has experienced that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Go to /System Preferences/Energy Saver and see how your Display Sleep preference is set. I'm betting it just went to sleep on you.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro Unibody (Mid 2009), Currently running Leopard, 8GB iPod Touch and 16GB iPod Nano...
That may be what the problem was, but I was using it when it happened. I was typing up a project that I had to do. I adjusted the sleep time anyways. It may just be some kind of random occurrence. Thanks for your suggestion!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.