Viewing photos

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I hope this is in the right place, I am not too sure. Sorry if it is not.

I am getting really down with my macbook pro and the work flow I use. This applies to viewing/listening to media but the hiccup I am having is with photos. I shoot on a canon dslr and edit the photos in digital photo professional. I have a nice work flow and organised structure. This is not an issue.

What I love is sitting back at night, remote in hand viewing the photos on a nice streamline interface. I love frontrow. It is great for music and my 2 videos haha. What I am getting really upset about is the photo viewing. I have read people cannot link to the photos in frontrow and iphoto is the only way to do this. IMO i dont like iphoto and use picasa over it.

If I need a new program to view/listen to music any suggestions would be great. But I want frontrow to work, without iphoto. If it is impossible then that is extremely distressing.

Thanks for reading,

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
C

chas_m

Frontrow is an Apple program tied to the rest of the Apple suite of programs. You cannot expect Frontrow, whose SOLE PURPOSE is to promote the use of Apple programs, to acknowledge third party programs.

You can certainly use other programs to slideshow/showcase your photos, but getting Frontrow to work with non-Apple programs is like getting Microsoft to play nice with Linux.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.