MacBook touch pad issue?

Reaction score
Does anyone have the touchpad issue where when you highlight the X on a window and click it does not register? It has happened to me a couple of times when running Safari, I forget to use the Quit shortcut so I go over to the red X and click, The only fix I have currently is to move the mouse away and then click

p.s yes the window I am trying to close is my main window

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook Pro 13'' 2.26GHz 4GB RAM 320GB 7200RPM HDD
same here. i dont think its the touch pad. more of a program problem. i encounter it randomly, same goes for the tabs. same goes with my magic mouse when i use it. when i click, it doesnt register and i need to move it away. think its a software bug

OP
L
Reaction score
Yeah thats what I was thinking, software bug, it only happens when i'm clicking the "X" never when I'm clicking anything else, hmm weird, it has to be the OS because I see it happens with iTunes too... hmmm let's see, perhaps someone comes on and can enlighten us

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
If you provide some specs, and the OS X version you are using, then it may be easier for members of this forum to come up with a fix.

OP
L
Reaction score
oco minute

Yeah you're right, ok here it goes

13" MacBook
Mac OS X 10.6.3
Processor 2.26 GHz Inter Core
Memory 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3
L2 Cache 3MB
Bus Speed 1.07 GB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Ok...
First off I would download and install OnyX and run the automation tab.
Then if that didn't resolve it, I would try the 10.6.3 Combo update. Even though you have already installed the 10.6.3 standalone update, the combo update may rectify this if the OnyX automation tab with the disk permission repairs didn't.

OP
L
Reaction score
Thank you, I downloaded ONYX and did some maintenance and cleaning, lets see if that solved it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.